Saturday, February 2, 2013

Beaufort, North Carolina--Cru Wine Bar (and Coffee Shop)

Cru Wine Bar and Beaufort Coffee Shop
120 Turner Street
Beaufort, NC 28516
252.728.3066
www.thecruwinebar.com

Well, if ever there were a place for my husband (a drinker) and me (a non-drinker), it's this place:  One side for the tea-totalers, and the other side for the totalers.

A lovely wine bar and store on one side and a coffee/espresso/soft beverage tour de force on the other, Cru was perfect for our eclectic group: we had a great time one evening hanging out with folks on the "wine side" after I'd taken a decaf cappuccino over from the "other side."  The establishment also keeps a number of board games, so we played a multi-generational game of "Trivial Pursuit," with our son's friends dazzling us with their smarts.  (In case you're wondering, I did get "Thelma and Louise" as the correct answer to one question.  Don't ask about the rest, please.  I missed the one about Tom Landry, even though I could visualize him on the Dallas sidelines of yesterday.)

My husband and I returned to Cru the next morning to supplement our morning coffee-drinking and to share an egg-cheese-bacon flatbread, which, despite its having been heated in a microwave rather than an oven (which would be an aesthetic preference of mine), was quite tasty.

This is a terrific, casual place, for the beverages, light fare, and sweets--and for watching the eclectic group of people that gather here, locals and tourists alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment